St. Peter's Church is in Church Lane, Gayton, which is off Gayton Lane / Vicarage Bank.
Parking is available on the Village Hall car park.
St. Peter's Church is Grade II listed, was built in the 12th century, and retains the original Norman chancel arch along with several 13th and 14th century features. The nave and tower were rebuilt in 1732, and the church underwent extensive restoration in 1870. The tower houses two bells, one inscribed "Jesus Be Our Spede 1608" cast by Willam Clibury, the other cast in 1748 by Matthew Bagley.
The walls are built from grey sandstone, local hand-made brick and ashlar, although some stonework from the earlier building has been incorporated.