About our Church
St. James the Great is a grade 11 listed building completed in 1842. Most of the interior was replaced in 1892. It has two bells hung in an open stone bell turret. There is a large stained glass round window over the altar at the east end of the church and a rood screen that was designed by Augustus Pugin.